DeForest-Windsor Area Grassroots (DWAG)
August 21, 2017
Next meeting: Monday, August 28, 2017, 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. at the DeForest Public Library, 203 Library Street, DeForest. See tentative agenda below, following notes.
Present on August 21: Karen Edson, Frank Dederich, John Scepanski, Ginny Brokish
- Anyone willing to write a letter regarding AJR53/SJR 54 contact Janet at firstname.lastname@example.org - A sample LTE can be seen at:http://host.madison.com/ct/opinion/mailbag/kathleen-williams-tell-legislators-you-want-hearing-on-statewide-vote/article_659fad7d-5c20-51b0-954f-882426df89c0.html
- Every Tuesday at 1:15PM – Indivisible/OWR meets to visit a legislator. Call Ron Biendseil 608-712-6831 or email him at email@example.com. There will be a pre-gathering meeting near their meeting spot.
- Thurs., Aug. 24 OWR CD2 Rep Candidate Forum at Madison Central Library at 6:30; livestream at www.facebook.com/OurWI02Revolution (no login required to watch)
- Sat - Aug 26 - Stoughton Celebration, Rally & Picnic - Noon-4 pm - hosted by Stoughton Area Dems and Progressives see www.facebook.com/StoughtonDemsAndProgressives/ or contact Joyce Tikalsky, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mon. Sept. 4 noon - 5:30pm - LaborFest - Madison Labor Temple - 1602 S. Park St.
- Sept. 7, 6:00 p.m. – Library Board mtg. – lower level public library, 203 Library Street, DeForest
- Sat. Sept. 9 - 10 AM – 2PM – Progressive Partners in DeForest – Jefferson Square Clubhouse
- Sept. 13 – 7:00 p.m., Concourse Hotel – Dane Dems membership mtg., nominations for officers
- Sat. Sept. 16, 9 AM - 6pm - Fighting BobFest - Breese Stevens Field
- Sat. Oct. 7 - 9 AM - 11pm - Wausau Grassroots Festival
- end of announcements
DWAG will host the quarterly Progressive Partners meeting September 9th at the Jefferson Square Clubhouse, 717 DeForest Street, DeForest. Final agenda and potluck expectations will be sent to the PP contact list and published in these notes.
Karen reported that twenty-four people attended the Democratic Party gathering at Token Creek Park on August 20th. She will bring leftover goodies to the Progressive Partners meeting on September 9th, for which the DWAG treasury will reimburse her $50.
The DeForest Area Library Board’s next meeting is September 7th at 6:00 p.m. at the Library. Anyone interested in the Board policy for room use should attend. Some discussion was had about the current Board policy for use of the downstairs rooms. There is no policy for use of the upstairs rooms other than the one hour time limit if other parties are waiting to use the rooms. Other commentary can be found on the agenda for the August 21 meeting.
De Forest Windsor Area Grassroots 8/28/17
De Forest Library 6-8 PM
Review of rules:
1. Cell phones muted (except JohnSki for Kathryn)
2. One person speaks at a time – no side conversations, please!
3. Raise hand to request permission to speak – respect person speaking by not jumping in.
4. Must bring request for a speaker to group BEFORE inviting speaker. Then person with idea for the speaker is in charge of the contact with the speaker, scheduling, intro, etc.
Old Business – * means permanent item ** means on agenda for limited time
*Reports by whoever went to events
*Development of a community intelligence repository (aka “Sign List”) – need workers willing to review names via Google spreadsheet link
** D-WAG will host the quarterly Progressive Partners meeting on Sept 9 in DeForest/Windsor at Jefferson Square Clubhouse.
John Stanley will be the lead.
Below is the agenda.
Notice the potluck: please bring a dish to pass. We will supply plates, napkins, utensils, etc., and some drinks.
Saturday, September 9, 2017
Hosted by DeForest-Windsor Area Grassroots (DWAG) at Jefferson Square Clubhouse, 717 DeForest Street, DeForest, WI (search for directions)
10:30-11:00 Talk, greet, and mix.
11:00-12:00 Speaker - Dr. Laurel Mark on single payer health insurance
12:00-1:00 Lunch – potluck! Social time
1:00-1:30 Stacy Biesel on Wausau Grassroots Festival, October 7, 2017
1:30-1:45 John Stanley
1:45-2:00 Rahul Mahajan, Our Wisconsin Revolution.
2:00- Round table ( Each group takes a turn to speak about what they are doing and what is coming up for them.)
**Wausau Grassroots Fest
** DWAG T-Shirts - Ginny has taken over from Karen.
Political discussion, if any