The list which follows is our list of other grassroots groups we know well and collaborate with.
Columbus Fall River Grassroots - Columbus, Fall River
County Line Progressives - Belleville, Monticello, New Glarus, Wisconsin
Grassroots Citizens of Wisconsin - Dodgeville
Grassroots Northshore - Shorewood, Glendale, Whitefish Bay, Fox Point, Bayside, Brown Deer, River Hills
Grassroots Organization of Waunakee - Waunakee
Grassroots Southshore - The Progressive Voice of Milwaukee's Southshore Communities
Grassroots Tosa - Wauwatosa
Jackson County Citizens Voices - Black River Falls
Middleton Action Team - Middleton
Oregon Area Progressives - Oregon, WI
People 4 Progress - Northwest Dane County
Progressive Dane - Dane County
Waunakee Rebuild the Dream - Waunakee Area
Reedsburg Area Concerned Citizens - Reedsburg
South Central Wisconsin Progressives - Green County (email list only)
Southwest Wisconsin Area Progressives (SWWAP) - Mount Horeb
Sun Prairie Action Resource Coalition (SPARC) - Sun Prairie
United Fitchburg - Fitchburg (primarily is for elections)
We Are South Central Wisconsin (WASCW) - Portage, Montello (no longer meets as a group)
Concerned, caring citizens group in northeastern Dane County WI-DeForest Area Progressives-come join us!
We are a great local group of Wisconsin progressives from the DeForest, Windsor, and Vienna area just north of Madison, WI. We are also part of the Wisconsin Grassroots Network. As a part of this larger network, we collaborate with other local groups of various types: widespread similar community grassroots groups, specific focus allied groups and national groups.
Our members and visitors emerge from those groups to teach and partner with each other. It is fulfilling, fun, and exciting to be connected with so many wonderful progressive citizens! A large proportion of our activities focus on participating in our community, county and state affairs. How we live and value the world around us is a strong aspect of bringing us all together. We do this in an effort to preserve and carry forward the traditional values of Wisconsin's history initiated by Senator Bob LaFollette! We really have fun while we take on projects and activities.
If you would like to know more about us, you are always welcome at our meetings:
Every Monday evening, 6:00pm.
Location to be announced each week by midweek.
Because we value community participation in our group,
here are our participation values:
- You are always welcome. There are no attendance frequency rules.
- No dues.
- Arrive when you can and leave when you need to.
- Our meetings last approx 90 minutes.
- We welcome and respect all points of view.
- There are no party affiliation requirements. Please note that Senator LaFollette was a Republican.
- We make freedom-valued action-decisions by consensus.
- We enjoy socializing with each other and build regular social nights into meeting schedules.
- We learn about issues affecting community,state, nation.
- We examine issues from the perspective of how they affect the freedoms we value.
- We take action on issues based on the goal of preserving and enhancing our freedoms.
- We want to have fun while serving our community.
- Our strongest focus is on what is happening in our community, County and State.
- We promote community education by offering events that advise and encourage participation in community,county, state and national citizenship.
- On this website you will find Grassroots Community Groups, Specific Focus Groups, Regional and National Associations we respect and often collaborate with.
- We endorse no political candidates because of their party affiliation.
- We will 'support' candidates we believe will protect and further progressive values.
The last two statements are not rules but show how we take action when we are well-informed and reach consensus.
Contact us at
Exciting Upcoming Events are found by clicking the Calendar Tab on the top of website.
DeForest Area Progressives welcome people of all points of view.
We like to learn from one another. We have no dues,
We do lots of great projects.
We socialize at movie nights, potlucks, picnics, and optional karaoke night.
Joining just puts you on our notification list and helps you keep updated on coming events and meetings. It is great to add you to our list of local friends.
There are no attendance rules.
Thanks so much for discovering us!Sign up