Below are the meeting notes for May 2nd. Abby Lowery took the notes. I am merely forwarding them to DeForest/Windsor/Vienna/Burke progressives. Thanks, Abby!
Next meeting: Monday, May 9, 2016, 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. at Ginny’s, 3922 Partridge Road, Windsor Hill neighborhood.
Don't forget: our special guest will be Jordan Turner from Watertown, who is running against John Jagler for Assembly rep in the 37th District. We want Jagler OUT, so let's make a good effort to be there Monday evening to greet Jordan.
*The new name of DeForest Area Progressives (DAP) is DeForest-Windsor Grassroots (DWG).
De Forest-Windsor Grassroots
May 2 Meeting Notes
Present at meeting: Marcia Riquelme, Karen Edson, Ginny Brokish, Frank Dederich, John Stanley, Abby Lowery, Jeff Thompson
- MAY 11 at 6:00 PM at Lakeside Coffee Shop on Lakeside St , group meeting “Better with Bernie”
- focus on local future of WI, the spirit of Bernie, what we can do, and what local candidates we should focus on to replace incumbents
- Friday, MAY 6 at 6:00 PM at the Firefly in Oregon- Russ Feingold will be speaking
- Jordan Turner is running against Rep. Jagler. He will be speaking at DeForest Windsor Area Grassroots meeting on May 9th at 6:30.
- May 21st 9:00AM-4:00PM, Racial Justice Tipping Point, at the James Reed Unitarian Society. 214 E. Johnson St. Madison.
- Kathy Kremer post-primary audit report
WHAT HAPPENED/WAS DISCUSSED
- Discussed importance of relationship with Chamber of Commerce. Supporting Bingo and its clean-up. 4th of July in DeForest
- Karen - Audit report
- Validated election results (Kloppenberg winning over Bradley) with 99% confidence
- It’s a complicated process that should be observed for 20 min to understand
- Karen McKim for Dane County Clerk
- Idea: Candidate forum between Karen McKim and Scott McDonall
- Progressive Partners location in Sun Prairie or DeForest Public Library?
- Better for Bernie, Wisconsin for Bernie, Progressive Partners, groups to get involved and attend
- This will be announced at next Progressive Partners meeting
- Further investigation is needed into Burlington, Vermont’s 100% renewable energy resource
- Voter ID Coalition
- Skill sets
- Newsletter – get a feel for concerns of greater community
Facebook – share information that we are concerned about