DeForest Area Progressives
Meeting notes for March 21, 2016
Next meeting: Monday, March 28, 2016, 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. at Ginny’s, 3922 Partridge Road, Windsor Hill neighborhood.
Present at the March 21th meeting: John Scepanski, Ginny Brokish, Karen Edson, Marcia Riquelme, Frank Dederich, John Stanley
- March 23 – help WGN stuff packets for April 2 Festival, Rodeside, 11:00 a.m.
- March 24th, Thursday Night Movie, Hacking Democracy" at 6:00pm. at the Goodman Branch of the Madison Public Library, 2222 S. Park St.
- March 26 – Bernie Sanders at Dane County Alliant Center Coliseum
- March 26 – John Nichols and Eric Wright at the downtown Madison Library, 1:00 – 3:00 p.m., on the subject of what is democratic socialism?
- April 2nd, Annual Grassroots Festival, Saturday, at Wisconsin Heights HS, 10173 US. Hwy. 14, Mazomanie, WI. Registration 8:00 am. Event starting at 9:00am. till 4:45pm. http://www.wisconsingrassroots.net/festival.
- April 5th, SPRING ELECTION, VOTE
- April 14 - Village of Windsor and Town of Vienna joint meeting: Thursday, April 14th, 2016, at 6:00pm. at Windsor Municipal Building, 4084 Mueller Rd. DeForest.
- April 16th Progressive Partners meeting and Pot Luck 12:00 to 1:00, meeting 1:00-2:00 Matt Rothschild speaking 2:00-3:00.
- April 18th, Movie Night, at Marcia's.
- April 30th, a citizen audit for Dane County spring election results; Bethel Lutheran Church in Madison, 9:00 a.m. Need volunteers to help count; no need to sign up, just show up.
The listening session with Senator Scott Fitzgerald originally scheduled for April 8th has been cancelled.
Ginny informed John St. of the DAP decision at the March 14th meeting about Colleen Little, candidate for DeForest Village Board.
John St. said that Scott Witkopf is interested in joining the consortium with Blue Jean Nation and Wisconsin Grassroots Network.
John also said he talked with Witkopf about the word “Progressives” in DeForest Areas Progressives. Witkopf said that word puts up a block in some peoples’ minds. Therefore, John withdrew his objection to changing the term in our title to, probably, “DeForest Area Action Team.” Someone also mentioned including “Windsor” in our title, since Windsor is now a village. Ginny will include the issue on the next agenda.
JohnSki reported that the DAP treasury has $413.95 in it as of the end of February.
We adjourned and then talked electoral politics for awhile.