Karen Edson commented on PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2016-07-02 09:16:24 -0500This is an example of how the GOP deals with gun safety!
Followup to April 11, 2015, What's In Your Water Event.
Responses to questions from participants:
1) What to do if you see septic haulers spreading "raw sewage" on farm fields? FIRST, don't panic. Just because it's a septic hauler does NOT mean it's spreading RAW sewage! Many sewage treatment plants have agreements with septic haulers to clean out their tanks, then fill them with the "biosolids" that remain after treatment of the sewage sludge. This end product is then applied as fertilizer to the fields of farmers who are paying for the privilege!
However, to be SURE, call 1-800-847-9367, the Wisconsin DNR hotline to report an environmental violation. Be prepared with the following information:
- When did the violation occur? Please provide date, time, and how long the violation has been occurring, if possible.
- Township or city nearest to where violation occurred.
- County in Wisconsin.
- Additional location information (be as specific as possible) - GPS coordinates, landmarks, intersections, etc.
- People involved (NOT you) Name(s) and description(s) of those involved.
- Describe the vehicle(s) (type, color, make, model, stickers, damage, custom work, etc). Include the business name on the truck if you can see it.
- License Plate / Registration number.
- Describe any equipment used: (weapons or other equipment).
- Please provide any additional information that may assist the Law Enforcement Officer with the investigation.
- IF YOU CAN SNAP A PICTURE, IT WOULD BE GREAT!!!! And tell the operator that you did that.
- To report online rather than call, go to https://dnrx.wisconsin.gov/rav/
For more information on what septic operators have to do to obey the law, check out: Septic Operator Regulations.
Documents included in packet of materials handed to participants:
Documents available on front side table:
Midwest Environmental Associates Report - Protecting Wisconsin's Waters - WARNING - 71 page pdf!
Magnify Your Voice! Join a Grassroots Group in This Area!
Chapter NR 809 SAFE DRINKING WATER What Wisconsin law allows in "safe" drinking water.
Metrogro Brochure What the "biosolids" program of the Madison Metropolitan Waste Water Treatment District is.
Metro Water Districts General information about the Madison Metropolitan Waste Water Treatment District.
Sewage Sludge Information about "biosolids"
Sierra Club-John Muir Chapter (State of WI) - 4 Lakes Group (Madison Area)
Yahara Lakes Legacy Partnership (hosted by Dane County Office of Lakes & Watersheds)
page updated 9/22/2017
@KREdson1 tweeted link to This is a common woman's voice for Mike McCabe!. 2015-04-10 23:41:44 -0500This is a common woman's voice for Mike McCabe! @bluejean_nation http://deforestareaprogressives.nationbuilder.com/2112/this_is_a_common_woman_s_voice_for_mike_mccabe?recruiter_id=2112
I learned this poem forty years ago:
For all the world we didnt know we held in common
the common woman is as common as the best of bread
and will rise
and will become strong -- I swear it to you
I swear it to you on my own head
I swear it to you on my common
Karen Edson commented on VOICES/VOCES 2014-08-17 20:36:30 -0500New addition to Voices! A series of readings from the Penokees, including Rob Ganson, of the Solidarity Singers, and Mike Wiggins, Jr!
Karen Edson published Ag Enterprise Areas Expanding in Blog Not Meeting Notes 2014-07-25 11:38:22 -0500
This is offered with a big thanks to State Senator Luter Olsen, whose email letter to constituents is always informative!"The Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection reported this week that the state is nearing 1 million acres designated as Agriculture Enterprise Areas (AEA). On January 1, 2015 Wisconsin will have 29 AEAs in 22 counties.
AEAs are part of Wisconsin's farmland preservation program. They encourage agricultural land use preservation and promote agricultural economic development. They give farmers and agribusinesses confidence that their area will remain in agricultural use, so they have more certainty about investing in their businesses.
Landowners in AEAs are not subject to any new land use regulations. Farmers with land in an AEA can receive tax credits in exchange for agreeing to keep their land in agricultural use for at least 15 years."
For more information, check out the Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection Working Lands Initiative website.
Karen Edson commented on TAR SANDS AND MR BIDEN 2014-04-25 21:40:29 -0500See how the fracking industry overcomes Democratic Party environmental concerns when Real Politik and the chance to “checkmate” Russian power beckons!
Karen Edson commented on A NEW VIEW OF LAZY FOLKS ON GOVT PAYROLL 2014-04-25 11:32:31 -0500Remember, ALL the members of the House of Representatives and one third of the Senate are up for re-election this November. Your vote is your voice – USE IT OR LOSE IT!
Karen Edson commented on Find Your Legislators 2014-03-13 13:38:00 -0500This is a great tool for voters who want to give their legislators a piece of their mind! And to be sure that you vote for (or against) the right person on election day!
Karen Edson commented on Real Folks who need Healthcare in Wisconsin! 2013-12-25 08:33:57 -0600Senator Vinehout is the BEST!!!!!! We need her healthy and FAST!!!! Please read as much as you can and come hear her speak whenever you get the chance. And, Senator – we love you and are praying for your recovery!
Karen Edson commented on Whose Freedom? Yes it's something we act out! 2013-12-18 16:04:49 -0600Cool!
Karen Edson commented on Election Information 2013-10-22 08:04:48 -0500New cartoon – and a reminder that, YOU, the voter, are the biggest part of the solution to the mess in our capitols (Washington and Madison)!!!!